When news happens send us your pictures, video and views. Text BE to 80360 or contact us by email
Pair facing jail over Weymouth attack
11:36am Friday 20th September 2013 in Latest
TWO men have been told they face an 'inevitable' prison sentence after admitting an attack in Weymouth town centre.
Charlie Darch, 22, and Zac Anthony Walden, 21, both pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm with intent to Daniel Hart on Friday, September 13.
Dorchester Crown Court was told the full extent of the injuries sustained by the victim was not yet known but it was believed he had sustained several fractures.
Darch also admitted breaching an anti-social behaviour order imposed by Weymouth Magistrates Court in June by behaving violently towards another.
Judge Roger Jarvis adjourned the case for a pre-sentence report to be prepared and Darch, of Ranelagh Road, Weymouth, and Walden, of Littlemoor Road, Weymouth, will return to court to be sentenced on October 17.
The judge told the defendants: “Both of you have made admissions to a very serious matter and there is the inevitability of a custodial sentence.
“The principal area of mitigation that I am aware of so far is that you offered your pleas of guilty at the earlier opportunity and I will keep that very much in mind.”
Darch and Walden were remanded in custody.