When news happens send us your pictures, video and views. Text BE to 80360 or contact us by email
UPDATED: Mudeford home severely damaged in blaze
A HOUSE in Comet Way, Mudeford, was severely damaged by fire this evening.
Three fire crews tackled the blaze from 5.30pm to 6.30pm.
It is believed the cause of the blaze was an electrical fault in the immersion heater in a bedroom airing cupboard.
A Dorset Fire and Rescue spokesperson said the blaze caused "severe fire, heat and smoke damage to the first floor, severe smoke and water damage to the ground floor and smoke damage to the loft space".
The property had smoke alarms, but they were not working.
Firefighters issued fire safety advice at the scene. Nobody was injured in the incident.
The Red Cross attended.
Comments are closed on this article.