When news happens send us your pictures, video and views. Text BE to 80360 or contact us by email
Dorset wakes up to snow this Sunday
This live event has finished
- PARTS of Dorset were covered in snow this morning.
- The Dorchester area saw around a centimetre of snow settling and residents waking up to some wintry conditions.
- The surprise snow shower continued the unseasonable Spring weather in the area, with flood alerts issued by the Environment Agency.
- Local weatherman John Oliver said around a centimetre of snow fell but the temperature never dropped to zero.
- He said: “The cause of the snow was nothing out of the ordinary, it was just where the temperature dropped low enough for the rain to turn to snow and then back to rain again.”
12:46pm Sun 17 Mar 13
Isosceles 2 says
I think that I saw a few snowflakes here in weymuff which didn't settle, the sun is now shining so it is safe to venture out!
Thanks to Amber Harrison for sending us this picture of her husband Kevin at a snowy Castle Hill in Shaftesbury this morning.
She said: "We were treated to unexpected snow in thick flurries."
The scene at Dorchester Sports Centre where snow has cancelled today's Disability Football session. http://t.co/Z8Ag4YkrZI— @ChrisDear11 17 March 2013
There is flooding on the main road in West Stafford, at the West Stafford village junction.
SNOW on hills at Osmington near Weymouth #dorset http://t.co/8T992ddu6O— @PaisleyProduce 17 March 2013
Snow in Dorchester.......???? http://t.co/5uDR0JOYsP— @rubyrockcake 17 March 2013
Wind 2.4 mph NNW. Barometer 985.3 hPa, Falling slowly. Temperature 3.4 C. Rain today 7.8 mm. Humidity 99%— @DorsetLiveWeath 17 March 2013
A37 has reopened following snow blockage, but the road is hazardous. Police advise to drive slowly and with care.— @DorsetTransport 17 March 2013
Yellow Warning of Snow for South West England : Devon, Plymouth, Torbay, Dorset, Somerset, Bath and North East... http://t.co/Jfs4Rg6Cu8— @metofficeSWEng 17 March 2013
Macro to embed into an article:
RESIDENTS have once again woken up to snow in Dorchester this morning.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for snow, with heavy hail and rain showers expected in the county town in to the afternoon.
Driving conditions are hazardous on the A37 near the Holywell Cross junction, Evershot due to snow.
The B3081 at East Melbury is closed at the zig-zag hill junction.
Heavy sleet and rain has also fallen over Weymouth and Portland this morning.
You can send us your snow and weather pictures by email to email@example.com
You can keep up to date with the latest weather information by following us on twitter https://twitter.com/Dorsetecho