When news happens send us your pictures, video and views. Text BE to 80360 or contact us by email
Woman taken to hospital after fire
A WOMAN was taken to hospital last night after a blaze in her Bournemouth home.
The fire is believed to have started after a candle was left next to combustible materials which then caught alight in the Boscombe Grove Road property.
Two crews from Springbourne and Christchurch Fire Stations attended the fire, which began at around 8.20pm.
Fire fighters called for an ambulance on arrival as the woman was suffering from smoke inhalation.
A Fire Emergency Support Vehicle crewed by Red Cross volunteers also attended.
The damage to the property was 20 per cent by fire and smoke to the lounge and kitchen.
A Dorset Fire and Rescue spokesperson said: "The quick actions of the occupier prevented the fire from being much more serious and the public are reminded of the importance of having working smoke alarms and testing them regularly, and also to be mindful whilst using candles that they are not left to burn while in close proximity to combustible materials."