When news happens send us your pictures, video and views. Text BE to 80360 or contact us by email
Firecrews alerted to bedroom blaze on Portland
6:15pm Sunday 20th January 2013 in Latest
FIREFIGHTERS extinguished a blaze in a bedroom at a house on Portland this afternoon.
The accidental fire is thought to have started after clothing or bedding came into contact with a lamp.
The fire, at a house in St George’s Estate Road, Easton, damaged a mattress, clothing and furnishings.
Crews were at the scene until 5pm to ensure everything was safe.