When news happens send us your pictures, video and views. Text BE to 80360 or contact us by email
Public gets chance to comment on Navitus Bay wind farm off Dorset coast
7:21pm Thursday 10th January 2013 in Latest
MEMBERS of the public will get the chance to give feedback on plans to build a wind farm off the Dorset coast.
Residents will be able to view the latest plans for the Navitus Bay project and comment on the proposal in a number of consultations from February 1 to April 5.
Members of the project team will be available to talk through the plans and answer any questions that people might have.
More than 2,000 members of the public have taken part in consultations so far and as a result of the feedback received the most recently announced plans move the development further out to sea and make it smaller in scale.
A series of public exhibitions will be hosted in locations across Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, following those held in November 2011 and March 2012.
The consultations in Dorset will be held at:
• West Moors Memorial Hall, 231 Station Road, West Moors, Ferndown, on Friday, February 1 from 2pm to 8pm
• Bournemouth International Centre, Bourne Lounge, Exeter Road, Bournemouth, on Saturday, February 2 from 10am to 4pm
• RNLI Lifeboat College, West Quay Road, Poole, on Wednesday, February 6 from 2pm to 8pm
• Christchurch Council Chambers, Bridge Street, Christchurch, on Tuesday February 12 from 2pm to 8pm
• St Edwards Church Hall, Victoria Avenue, Swanage, on Wednesday, February 13 from 2pm to 8pm