When news happens send us your pictures, video and views. Text BE to 80360 or contact us by email
Dog dies in Melplash house fire
9:16am Tuesday 1st January 2013 in Latest
A DOG died in a house fire in Melplash on the morning of new year's day.
Firefighters from Beaminster and Bridport were called to the property at around 6am where a conservatory was on fire.
The assistance of a retained crew from Charmouth was also requested.
It is thought the blaze was started by a tea light or electrical fault with Christmas lights.
The dog was found deceased in another room at the property.